PONDS AND WATERFALLS
It’s important that the design and construction of a garden pond are done right. Due to lack of knowledge, homeowners often end up with a sloppy eyesore rather than a beautiful and relaxing water feature. This collection of articles will help you get ideas for your own backyard pond and provide design tips.
Garden ponds are alluring because they provide a tranquil and relaxing atmosphere. There’s nothing better than the sight and sound of water in your own backyard.
HOW DO WE DO?
In this section, you’ll find tips from landscaping professionals and pond installers on:
- Why a larger pond, with a higher volume of water, will be easier to maintain than a small pond.
- The average price ranges for ponds, based on their size.
- The main factors that will impact the final price of your pond.
- Design and maintenance tips for koi ponds, including size requirements, filtration, aeration, and water quality.
- Using the R.I.S.E. method (random, irregular, spontaneous and erratic) when designing a water garden pond, to ensure the most natural appearance.
- Ideas for contemporary pond designs, which are often characterized by straight lines, right angles simple materials and floating stepping stones.
- The best locations for formal pond styles and the most popular formal pond shapes and design features.
- Ideas for integrating a waterfall into your pondscape to provide sound and movement.
- The most important factors to consider when designing a waterfall, such as keeping it in scale with the size of the pond and building it on a slope to achieve a more natural look.
- Tips for growing aquatic pond plants that will help keep your pond in ecological balance without chemicals or expensive equipment.
- The various types of aquatic pond plants and the role each one plays in pond design.
- Ideas for lighting a backyard pond to create dramatic effects, highlight certain features of a pond, and ensure safety.
- How to use underwater lighting in a pond to highlight fountains, sculptures and other special features.