FIRE PITS AND WALKWAYS
A walkway should accent your landscaping and encourage guests to explore, leading them to interesting features like gardens, indoor kitchens or ponds. Walkways can be made of a variety materials like pavers, flagstone, or eco-materials. Landscape Solution LLC Services, Inc. also installs lighting to illuminate your walkway at night.
A fire pit can also serve as an important focal point in your outdoor landscape design. When placed where it can be easily seen from your interior living space, it can be enjoyed from the indoors as well.There are many options when it comes to the size, shape and style of a fire pit. You can have a built-in fire pit installed, or you can purchase a portable one that can be moved about your yard.
Get these tips
In this section, you’ll find tips from landscaping professionals on:
- How to size your fire pit based on how much space is available, how many guests you expect to entertain, and the height and arrangement of your outdoor seating.
- The differences between a fire pit and an outdoor fireplace, along with a chart that can help you evaluate the most suitable choice for your outdoor living space.
- Weighing the pros and cons of the various fire pit fuel options, including gas, propane, wood and ethanol.
- Determining the best location for your fire pit, considering factors such as convenience, space availability and safety.
- Determining the best size for your fire pit, depending on how many people you plan to accommodate and the room you’ll need for outdoor seating and unrestricted traffic flow.
- Selecting a facing material for your fire pit that ties in with your patio and the materials on the exterior of your home.
- Choosing fire pit fill materials that are both decorative and heat absorbent, such as lava rock, river rock and recycled glass.
- How fuel costs will impact the overall cost of operating your fire pit.